Saturday, July 9, 2011

Stripes ahoy!


As you may already have guessed, I have a thing for stripes.  When I saw this vintage dress, it was like a match made in heaven.  Except for the tiny fact that it wouldn't fit around my hips no matter how much tugging and shimmying. My alterations lady and I have had great adventures taking in, hemming and remaking various vintage dresses and tops, but this was our first time in letting out a dress.  What then took place the next week can only be described as a comedy of errors as she had to keep finding places (the sides, the back) to let the dress out before it would fit me.  I'd be more embarrassed about sharing this story if it weren't for the fact that I ADORE this dress and it was worth all the shame faced moments of going in to try it on and have her say "oh so we still need more room?"  Moral of this story: keep your cheetos close, but your alterations lady closer.


Outfit details
Dress: Vintage
Shoes: Matt Bernson
Accessories: vintage sailboat belt,
Rayban sunglasses


2 comments:

  1. SO glad your lady was able to fix this dress. It is amazing! There was an AMAZING skirt at Feathers that you would have loved. Also, I bought something for you and I to share. You will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete