Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pleated skirt


My camera finally coughed up the outfit picture I took at the beginning of the week.  Silk skirts (esp with pleats) are on the top of my list every time I go thrifting and I was so happy to find this gem in Chicago.  As usual, the length hit me at mid calf so I put it in the hands of my alterations lady who did a great job hemming and pressing the pleats.  I fear I am beginning to have an animal belt addiction but I can't seem to resist.  Anyone want to start a support group?


 Outfit details
Top: L'Agence
Skirt: Thrifted
Shoes: No. 6
Accessories: vintage bird belt
Fail and vintage cuffs



5 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about skirts. My legs are short compared to my torso, so even shorts skirts are super long on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the pleated skirt trend - yours is fabulous! What a great color :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I really appreciate it <3
    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your alterations lady did a perfect job making this the perfect length for you. I agree, when a skirt is a bit too long it just looks odd. I love the stripes with the green, they look lovely together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so adorable with your shirt tucked into your pleated skirt. I look like a load with my shirt tucked into my pleated skirt. And, I love this color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I've been looking for a belt like this for ages!

    ReplyDelete